Project title: Assessment of the effects of the National Railway Program until 2023 and assessment of the Program impact on increasing accessibility and improving the quality of rail transport in Poland.
Client: Ministry of Infrastructure of Poland.
Alliance partner involved: Evalu, Poland.
Description: The aim of the study was to evaluate the current implementation of the National Railway Program until 2023 (hereinafter referred to as the NCP or the Program) by PKP Polskie Linie Kolejowe Spółka Akcyjna (hereinafter referred to as PKP PLK S.A. or the Program Implementer).
The main purpose of the evaluation study was to assess the effects of the Program implementation and to assess the impact of the Program on increasing accessibility and on improving the quality of rail transport in Poland. The survey covers the period from September 15, 2015 to May 31, 2019.
The subject of the study were railway investments that were included in the National Railway Program until 2023, including in the annexes from the date of adoption of Resolution No. 162/2015 of the Council of Ministers of September 15, 2015 on the establishment of the National Railway Program until 2023 to May 31, 2019. This means that the basis for the analysis is the NCP version adopted by resolution of the Council of Ministers in February 19, 2019. The report also includes references to two later updates of the NCP – adopted on June 14, 2019 together with the report on the Program implementation for 2018 and the update adopted by 17 September 2019 resolution. In the case of the Detailed Implementation Plan of the National Railway Program until 2023 (SPR), the version in force at the end of May 2019 is the SPR adopted by the Minister of Infrastructure on 15 May 2019 (hereinafter: SPR V 2019).
As part of the study, the following specific research objectives were met, including for the purposes of the NCP:
• Assessment of the progress of the implementation of the NFP and changes introduced in the Program,
• Assessment of the impact of the Program on strengthening the efficiency of rail transport,
• Assessing the impact of the Program on increasing the safety of rail transport,
• Assessing the impact of the Program on improving the quality in passenger and freight transport,
• Analysis of external factors affecting the implementation of the Program,
• Assessment of the Program’s consistency with strategic documents.